So you are thinking about putting your home on the market and you want to make sure that you’re going to get the best return on your investment?
Here are a few tips:
1. Let’s talk about curb appeal. The first impression is super important because it is the first thing buyers see when they arrive at your home.The best thing that you can do is make sure that the front landscaping is trimmed and well maintained.
2. You also want to pay attention to the front door. As an agent, it takes a few seconds for me to open a lockbox and this gives the buyer a chance to really look at your entryway while they are waiting to get in. Take a moment to make sure that there isn’t any paint peeling around the door or cobwebs around the lights fixtures.
3. Make sure to work with your agent on staging your home. 77% of buyers agents said that staging a home makes it easier for buyers to visualize themselves living in it. This will also help your home stand out against the competition by showcasing the very best features of your home.
4. Marketing is essential. You want to make sure you get professional photos and video. According to the NAR, 67% of buyers will walk through a home that they saw online. So professional photos and video is an absolute must when preparing to sell your home.
5. Now that your home is all ready, you must have a showing plan. Buyers and their agents may request a showing at any time without giving you much notice, so you need to be prepared. Until your home is under contract it’s important to be able to leave your home with short notice.
6. Also, find a place to put your pets during showings. I know it can be a stressful to do but it makes a huge difference. Maybe family member or a good friend can take care of them during the showing.
If you are ready to start your buying or selling process
give me a call. I'm happy to answer all your questions.